Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 cups sliced carrots, parboiled
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon morton lite salt
- Mix carrots, croutons and cheese.
- Put in 1½-quart buttered casserole dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour over carrot mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20 minutes.
'Divine' is the word, alright. This was a hit tonight! Carrots? My family is eating 'carrots'?! LOL This is a great way to use carrots that are just past their prime, too. (Which is what I did.) I made this wheat-free/gluten-free by using wf/gf croutons. And I used regular Worcestershire sauce and salt, since that's what I had. I'm so happy to have a different carrot recipe.
It's sad giving a review knowing your not with us-you tell that 'man upstairs' that you need to see your reviews every now and again....These were good but pretty crouton-y, next time I make them I would either crush them or add seasoned stuffing mix.
I loved this! Not a sign of brown sugar...wow! I left the carrots a little underdone so my family would eat this. We all liked it! Can't wait to make it again with different flavored croutons.