Recipe by mustang girl
When I took a cake decorating class this is the icing we used. It tastes delicious and works great for making flowers and also for frosting a cake. This recipe makes enough to fully frost, fill and decorate an eight or nine inch cake. Very smooth and professional looking and easy to use for beginners and experienced cake decorators alike.
- 1 cup Crisco (not butter flavored)
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or other flavoring)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the salt in the milk add the butter flavoring and vanilla extract to milk, set aside.
- Mix Crisco and powdered sugar in a KitchenAid type mixer until combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and milk until combined.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Keep leftover icing in refrigerator in tightly closed containers (Tupperware works very well).