Recipe by Deantini
The flavour combination of Brie, mushrooms and rosemary is amazing. This dish is a wonderful appetizer for a dinner party, or just served by itself as a little something. It is from 'Canada's Wine Country Cookbook' and pairs really well with a Dry Riesling (white wine)
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is good but I can't rate it 5 stars, it was something about the mushrooms. I made ours gluten free using rice cakes but did not take that into account on the rating since I know bread would be yummier. I used button mushrooms, butter, sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper, plus the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 12 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced (button, oyster and or or shiitake)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add garlic to olive oil, mix well.
- Toast sourdough bread; brush one side with with olive oil (no need to use all oil).
- Lay brie slices over toast.
- Lightly saute mushrooms in butter, add rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill bruschetta slices until brie is soft and begins to run.
- Place toast on plates and smother with mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.