Recipe by SweetSueAl
A cake I am considering making for my Grandson's Birthday. From Kraft. Cooking time includes refrigeration. Update: I did make this cake yesterday for the darling's birthday. It was very easy to make and the kids loved it. Although the recipe stated 15 servings, if you are counting on the cake portion, it would be small pieces.
Top Review by Chez Michelle
My daughter wanted a beach themed party and this was perfect. I took the safe route and made a big pan of jello jigglers and cut out the rectangle and popped it in.. :) Thank you for the idea....very cute!
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix (2-layer size)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 2 (170.09 g) package berry blue gelatin mix
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 226.79 g container whipped topping, thawed
- 56 mini chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 6 Teddy Grahams honey graham snacks, snacks (Teddy Bear shaped)
- 5 ring-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- 4 bite-size fish-shaped chewy fruit snacks
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE and bake cake mix in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package.
- Cool completely.
- Invert cake onto large platter; remove pan.
- Using a serrated knife, cut and scoop out a shallow rectangle from center of cake, leaving a 2-inch border of cake on all sides and a thin layer of cake on the bottom.
- Reserve removed cake for snacking or other use.
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minute until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate 1-1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). (Shortcut: For a quick-set gelatin, simply add 4 cups ice cubes to the dissolved gelatin mixture in place of the 1 cup cold water; stir 8 minute or until gelatin begins to thicken (spoon drawn through leaves a definite impression).
- Remove any unmelted ice.
- Pour thickened gelatin into center of cake.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- FROST borders of cake with whipped topping.
- Decorate with remaining ingredients as desired to resemble a swimming pool.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- Fun Idea: Insert bite-size fish-shaped and octopus-shaped chewy fruit snacks into gelatin "pool" before refrigerating for an added treat!