1/4 Photos of Dive on in Cake
1 hr 30 mins
A cake I am considering making for my Grandson's Birthday. From Kraft. Cooking time includes refrigeration. Update: I did make this cake yesterday for the darling's birthday. It was very easy to make and the kids loved it. Although the recipe stated 15 servings, if you are counting on the cake portion, it would be small pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (2-layer size)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages berry blue gelatin mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 56 mini chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 6 Teddy Grahams honey graham snacks, snacks (Teddy Bear shaped)
- 5 ring-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- 4 bite-size fish-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- 1PREPARE and bake cake mix in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package.
- 2Cool completely.
- 3Invert cake onto large platter; remove pan.
- 4Using a serrated knife, cut and scoop out a shallow rectangle from center of cake, leaving a 2-inch border of cake on all sides and a thin layer of cake on the bottom.
- 5Reserve removed cake for snacking or other use.
- 6STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minute until completely dissolved.
- 7Stir in cold water.
- 8Refrigerate 1-1/4 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). (Shortcut: For a quick-set gelatin, simply add 4 cups ice cubes to the dissolved gelatin mixture in place of the 1 cup cold water; stir 8 minute or until gelatin begins to thicken (spoon drawn through leaves a definite impression).
- 9Remove any unmelted ice.
- 10Pour thickened gelatin into center of cake.
- 11Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- 12FROST borders of cake with whipped topping.
- 13Decorate with remaining ingredients as desired to resemble a swimming pool.
- 14Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- 15Fun Idea: Insert bite-size fish-shaped and octopus-shaped chewy fruit snacks into gelatin "pool" before refrigerating for an added treat!
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dive on in Cake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 495.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Teddy Grahams honey graham snacks