Recipe by design*girl
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com this is a favorite sandwich in the family. It take a little extra time to make the cheese sauce but it's well worth it. great toasted gooey sandwhich.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This is an excellent sub-sandwich. We loved the cheese sauce addition. I didn't have baguettes so used Wheat Sub Rolls that worked well for the two of us. One sandwich was enough to feed us both. I did top this off with the last homegrown tomato that my SIL gave me. I didn't cook the cheese sauce as long as stated because it started to separate. Cooked it about 5 minutes and that seemed to work. Excellent. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for My-3-Chefs Fall 08
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces deli turkey, sliced
- 2 French baguettes
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- white cheddar cheese, sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the white cheddar sauce:.
- Combine all the ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For sandwich:.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Saute mushrooms in the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat turkey breast in microwave until warm.
- Split the baguette without cutting all the way through. Hinge the bread open and spread some of the cheese sauce on the faces of the bread.
- Load the turkey into the baguette, salt and pepper it.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce over the turkey.
- Spread mushrooms over cheese.
- Bake the sandwich for 4 minutes. Put the swiss cheese on top and bake 2 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.