Recipe by heather in Ont,
This salad is packed with flavour and great for the holiday. You may substitute dried cranberries, fresh pomegranate seeds, or thin Comice pear slices for the sun-dried tomatoes. This salad was such a hit with the family we ate it 3 nights in a row. I found this recipe in a Hallmark "Home for the Holidays" book. They call it "Sun-Dried Tomato, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad", but DH said he has eaten the same salad in various places that he travels and it was called the Diva Salad.
Top Review by Sharon123
This was a wonderful salad! I served with an herbed cheese millet casserole and roasted brussels sprouts and what a meal I had! I couldn't find my sun dried tomatoes, so used fresh. Thanks for a great dish! Made for the My Three Chefs event in the contests/events forum.
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml walnut oil
- salt and pepper
- 2365.9 ml mixed salad greens
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil (chopped)
- 118.29 ml walnuts (chopped) or 118.29 ml pecans (chopped)
- 85.04 g fresh goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss again.
- Scatter the nuts over the salad, and crumble cheese on top.
- Serve at once.