Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy veggie side dish...DIVALICIOUS! :)
- 2 zucchini, large
- 1 pint tomatoes, cherry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Slice zucchini in half and slice zucchini into half-moons. Slice each cherry tomato in half. Finely chop garlic, and add the garlic, thyme, tomatoes, salt and pepper with oil in a large sauté pan- medium low heat. Sautee for 5 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Add zucchini, a pinch more salt, and red pepper flakes and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and raise heat to medium high. Sautee for another 5 minutes, remove from heat and serve hot -- yummy!
you are right about this it was yum yum yum I didn't have any fresh thyme and I do think it would of been better with fresh but I used dried from my larder. ever thing else was as the recipe said. I will be making this again it was lovely. Thank you for posting. Made for diabetic forum 2011.
Easy to make and so delicious! I will definitely make this again. (I used 3 smaller zucchini, though, as I was always told that the smaller ones are better.)