Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very quick and easy recipe. Its the perfect comfort food.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, ditalini (half the box)
- 1 (12 ounce) can baked beans (I like Bush's brand any flavor)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook and drain the pasta according to box directions.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the water that the pasta was boiled inches.
- As the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a deep skillet.
- Lightly saute the onions.
- Add the red pepper flakes to the skillet (optional).
- Add the beans and let it come to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- A little at a time, add the pasta water. Allow it to mix in with the rest of the ingredients before adding more water.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and heat through.