1/2 Photos of Disney's Steak En Croute
1 hr 30 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
From Family Circle, 82. Boy I wish I could go to Disneyland again, but being made with hamburger I think I can finally make this bad boy. The end has a bordelaise sauce that looks great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium finely diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs ground round
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (17 1/2 ounce) packages each frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 lb finely copped mushroom
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1Sauté onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- 2In bowl add meat, onion mixture, 2 eggs half-and-half, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- 3Mix together.
- 4Shape into 8 meat loaves.
- 5Place in baking dish.
- 6Bake in 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- 7Cool throughly.
- 8Unfold one puff pasty sheet on lightly floured surface.
- 9Roll to 10 inch square with rolling pin.
- 10Cut in half.
- 11Place mini meatloaf along bottom of strip.
- 12Top with 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 tablespoon sauce that follows.
- 13Brush pastry edges with beaten egg about 1/8 inch wide.
- 14Bring top of pastry over loaf and under.
- 15Pinch securely to seal.
- 16Place on ungreased jelly roll pan.
- 18Bake in 375° oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- 19Sauté mushrooms and onion in butter till soft.
- 20Add wine, thyme and bay leaf.
- 21Bring to boiling.
- 22Reduce to 1/2 cup.
- 23Pour beef broth in 2 cup measure and fill the rest with water until you get 2 cups liquid.
- 24Add cornstarch to liquid then add to wine mixture.
- 25Cook till thick on low heat. This mixture is bordelaise sauce that you add to the en croutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Disney's Steak En Croute
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1240.4
- Calories from Fat 787
- Total Fat 87.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 202.2 mg
- Sodium 1605.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 39.0 g