Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Served at the Garden View Lounge in the Grand Floridian.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- 2. Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Rub the margarine and shortening into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine the eggs and milk and stir then into the flour mixture, just until the dough comes together. Fold in the raisins.
- 3. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness on a lightly-floured surface. With a 2-inch round cutter; stamp out 24 scones and transfer them to a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake the scones for 10-15 minutes or until they are light brown.
- Serve at once with Devonshire cream or butter and jam.
I'm always looking to bring a little Disney into my home and these were great. What I like about them is that they're not full of butter or shortening, there's only 4 tbsp total. I used butter instead of shortening. The dough was an absolute dream, SO easy to roll out. I will share a small secret, to combine your flour and butter quickly and without hurting your wrist, pop it all in your mixer bowl, use the paddle attachment and between med-slow speed for a few minutes, does an amazing job. I will definitely make these again.