Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from the Disney Cruise Line. It's rich and decadent, and oh-so-delicious. (The cooking time listed is actually the time for refrigerating the pie.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled until lukewarm
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped until stiff (no substitutions such as Cool Whip)
- 1 8-inch baked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the pie filling: With an electric mixer, blend the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the melted butter to peanut butter mixture, then fold in whipped cream. Pour into the baked pie shell and refrigerate for one hour before serving. If desired, glaze with ganache.
- Ganache: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in chocolate until no streaks of white remain. Cool until lukewarm and then glaze cake. Refrigerate an additional one hour before serving.
This was quite good. VERY rich. I added about a half cup of powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture. My dinner company really liked it. Thanks!