Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The restaurant recipe which explains the amount. This is not a copycat.
- 9 lbs ground beef
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 3 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces unsalted butter
- 6 ounces green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 lbs onions (1/4-inch chopped)
- 20 ounces celery (1/4-inch chopped)
- 20 ounces bell peppers (1/4-inch chopped)
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Melt butter in large rondeau. Saute all vegetables at medium heat until tender. Stir in cream and ketchup. Cook 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in hobart with paddle for ten minutes at speed two. Divide into 4 inch pans lined with parchment paper 5 lb. 12 oz. per pan, 1/3 inch high.
- Cook at 325 degrees for 2 hours, internal temperature at 160 degrees. Let set at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes then drain grease. Let stand longer (approx. 2 hours) and then drain remaining grease.
- The serving depends on how you slice the pans.