Recipe by Ridgely
This Stuff is killer good, and if you follow the whole recipe you'll probably have leftovers. Not to worry, freezes well. This is not every day eating, but enjoy it when you can.
Top Review by princess buttercup
This is not my usual milk/eggs french toast! It is so much better! The batter makes a nice crispy coating on the bread and lends a nice texture and flavor. I used stale regular bread that was going to waste. I halved the recipe and still had batter after 10 slices.
- 1 loaf Texas toast thick bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix coating in a smaller bowl.
- Dip bread into first mixture and fry in vegetable oil on the stove (enough to cover the bottom of the pan really well may have to use more oil depending on how many you make). Cook 3 minutes on each side.
- When golden brown, Remove, pat with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle bread with coating.
- To Freeze: Cool and then store in ziplock freezer bags. To reheat: We just put one piece in the microwave at a time for about 30 seconds per side until heated through.