Member #610488's Note:
Served during the 2010 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons culantro
- 1 cup Spanish olives
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Asopao de Pollo Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup sofrito sauce
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro or 1/4 cup culantro, chopped
- coarse salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Sofrito - Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until very finely chopped. Set aside.
- 2Asopao de Pollo - Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and sofrito; saute until chicken is seared on the outside.
- 3Add olives, roasted peppers, tomato paste and bay leaves, and saute, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 4Add white wine, stirring to combine. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add rice and chicken stock.
- 5Simmer soup until chicken and rice are cooked. Remove chicken thighs, and transfer to a cutting board. Chop or shred chicken into small pieces, and return to the pot.
- 6Stir in cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Disney's Asopao De Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 1475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: