Cook1 hr 7 mins
A yummy pot pie I dont hardly make pot pies because many people at the rez dont like it so I try new things out and this is one of few pot pies they actually like haha
- 2 cups chicken tenderloins, uncooked
- 1 cup broccoli, tops only
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup leek, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In boiling salted water, simmer chicken tenderlions, broccoli, carrots, celery, and leeks until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender, but still firm (about 15 minutes).
- Drain well and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, melt butter and add flour.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add milk or half-and-half. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Dissolve chicken boulillon cubes in 1/4 cup warm water and add to sauce. Blend in grated Parmesean che3ese and remove from heat.
- Add cooked chicken and vegetables and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a deep-dish pie plate and cover with pie dough. Seal edges well and brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and the filling is hot (about 45 to 50 minutes). Brushing a little milk on the top of the pie dough before baking will give the crush a delightful color.