1/1 Photo of Disneyland's Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwich
THE original. I've also posted a vegetarian version. I have had the privilege of eating this sandwich on several occasions at Blue Bayou, possibly one of the most romantic restaurants ever (fascinated by the fake fireflies!) Directions should warn not to ride Alice in Wonderland's Tea Cups' after eating this. Courtesy of Mouseplanet.com. Not diet friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CURRANT JELLY SAUCE
- 1 (12 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches (or your choice of canned fruit. I like peaches)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices roasted cooked turkey (1 ounce each sandwich)
- 4 slices tillamook swiss cheese (1 ounce each sandwich)
- 4 slices smoked ham (1 ounce each sandwich)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1CURRANT JELLY SAUCE: Combine jelly, water and half and half in blender and mix until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- 2FRUIT COMPOTE: Combine your favorite fresh and canned fruits and chill well. Yield is about 1/2 cup per person.
- 3BATTER: Place water, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well at low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill.
- 4SANDWICHES: Make 4 sandwiches, putting cheese between ham and turkey. Cut into fourths and put a toothpick through each quarter.
- 5Heat about 6" of oil to 340 degrees in a fryer. Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. Deep fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed. An alternate way of frying it to put approximately 1/4" oil in a large pan and fry the sandwiches on both sides until crispy and brown.
- 6Remove from oil and take out toothpicks. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil. Sprinkle sandwiches with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit compote and currant jelly sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Disneyland's Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (1986 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 1613.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 98.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: