Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is courtesy of the bakery at Disneyland.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the dough:.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten.
- For the topping:.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle
- the top of the cookie before baking.
- Bake 8 minutes or until cooked through.
Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie and this is now my favorite snickerdoodle recipe! They are just how I like them - a little crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. The only change that I made was to roll the balls of dough in the sugar and cinnamon mixture because my daughter was helping me and that's her favorite part of making snickerdoodles.
It's already been said - delicious. I used parchment paper instead of greasing the cookie sheet.
These cookies are outstanding - best snickerdoodles we've ever hard. Very addictive.