Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Disney. If you can't tell I had a thing about the Blue Bayou. A bit lighter [gakk.. well it does use egg whites].
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 ounces egg whites
- 2 ounces sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- In a double boiler combine chocolate and butter, stirring until melted.
- Whip cream and supgar until light and fluffy; set aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Using a wire whisk combine egg whites with the melted chocolate and then with the whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Yield: 8 cups.
- Source: City Hall.
- Cooking time is chill time.
I've had a small taste of this at the Blue Bayou. I love it. We're going to the Blue Bayou in about a month. I even know where we're sitting. Who knows, I might steal some more recipes to share with you. The egg whites add a nice lightness to the mouse-pardon me, mousse.