Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
50's Prime Time Cafe
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup rutabaga, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons pearl barley, cooked, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup alphabet pasta, cooked, cool
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In soup pot, add water and bouillon. Bring to boil; simmer, covered, 15 minutes
- Add carrots, rutabaga,celery, and onions; simmer 15 mins or until tender but not mushy. Separately cook, rinse, drain, and cool barley and alphabet pasta; set aside.
- After vegetables are tender, add tomatoes, peas, and green beans. Simmer an additional 5 mins; stir in cornstarch and water. Allow soup to thicken slightly and add barley and pasta.
- Heat only long enough to warm all ngredients.