1/1 Photo of Disney Grapefruit Cake
This cake is served at the Brown Derby at MGM Studios Orlando. It's wonderfully light and tart-sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- 3Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- 4Add water, vegetable oil, eggs, grapefruit juice and lemon rind.
- 5Beat until smooth.
- 6Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- 7Gently fold egg whites into cake batter.
- 8Pour into an ungreased 10 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- 9When cool, slice cake in half horizontally.
- 11Beat cheese until fluffy.
- 12Add lemon juice and rind.
- 13Gradually add sugar and beat until blended; add food coloring. Add reserved 2 tablespoons of grapefruit juice and blend.
- 14Divide frosting in half and add roughly chopped grapefruit sections to one half.
- 15Spread this mixture on bottom half of cake.
- 16Top with several grapefruit sections.
- 17Cover with other cake layer and frost remainder of cake.
- 18Garnish with remaining grapefruit sections.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Disney Grapefruit Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3755.7
- Calories from Fat 1713
- Total Fat 190.4 g
- Saturated Fat 86.7 g
- Cholesterol 1008.7 mg
- Sodium 2940.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 459.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 284.9 g
- Protein 64.3 g