Recipe by Luv2CooknBake
My daughter and I enjoy these delicious cinnamon rolls at Disneyland before we go on the attractions. I add 1/2 cup of sour cream in the dough recipe which gives the rolls a smoother texture. These are absolutely delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk. To this add ½ cup melted butter, egg and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add flour and knead until smooth. Place in a very large greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
- Punch down and let rise again for second time.
- Roll dough on a very large floured surface. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34×21 inches in size.
- Take the 1 cup of melted butter and spread over entire dough surface, using a pastry brush.
- In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll. Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
- Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
- Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350ª oven until golden brown in color, about 15–20 minutes. Frost rolls while still warm.
- Cream Cheese Frosting.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread on the very warm rolls. Enjoy!