Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Klutz Kids Cooking: A Very Slightly Messy Manual. These are the best brownies I have ever had, and they get rave reviews every time I bake them for an event. For an even more decadent treat, add chocolate chips. You won't be disappointed.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter over low heat (careful, it's easy to burn).
- In a mixing bowl combine the cocoa and sugar.
- Add the melted butter to the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt and mix just until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes.
I love these brownies! I have been making them for many years! They always go really fast. :)
Flavor wise, these were good. However, I baked for an hour and they were still not set up in the middle but getting really chewy around the edges. Great to add to ice cream and stuff, and wonderful flavor, just can't figure out how to get them to set up better...