Recipe by GondolaQueen
I got this particular recipe from Kid Cooking- A very Slightly Messy Manual (Kidz Klutz Press). It's a doozy. I've had people tell me they'd go into a diabetic coma for just one more. They're good. They're EASY.
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml cocoa powder
- 295.73 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter (melted)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml crushed up walnuts (or Pecans) (optional)
- 29.58 ml soft butter
- 118.29 ml soft cream cheese
- 591.47 ml icing sugar, to taste
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F
- First, mix cocoa and sugar together and pour the melted butter inches Mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, again mix thoroughly. I add the salt now to avoid the trouble of sifting. :).
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Bake in a greased 8 or 9 inch pan until the brownies pull away from the sides. Depending on how "high" your batter was, it can take anywhere from 20 min to 45. The insides should still be a bit moist, which makes the brownies taste "fudgy". When I make a double batch, I use the same size pan and cook lower and slower so I get higher, thicker brownies.
- Wait until they cool completely before icing (if you bother, it's still good without), or cutting.