Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this particular recipe from Kid Cooking- A very Slightly Messy Manual (Kidz Klutz Press). It's a doozy. I've had people tell me they'd go into a diabetic coma for just one more. They're good. They're EASY.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup crushed up walnuts (or Pecans) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup soft cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat over to 350°F
- First, mix cocoa and sugar together and pour the melted butter inches Mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, again mix thoroughly. I add the salt now to avoid the trouble of sifting. :).
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Bake in a greased 8 or 9 inch pan until the brownies pull away from the sides. Depending on how "high" your batter was, it can take anywhere from 20 min to 45. The insides should still be a bit moist, which makes the brownies taste "fudgy". When I make a double batch, I use the same size pan and cook lower and slower so I get higher, thicker brownies.
- Wait until they cool completely before icing (if you bother, it's still good without), or cutting.
i have used this recipe again and again, and friends have copied it off me. thank you. i only ever use easy and effective recipes and this fits the bill.
I've been using this recipe for years, sans frosting. I bake it in a 9X13 pan for about 25 minutes. I'll never use another brownie recipe. Thanks for posting.