Recipe by Bealicious
This is a wonderful recipe from the blog Have Cake, Will Travel (http://havecakewilltravel.com). When I made it, I substituted frozen corn in place of peas and used less chili powder. It packs a lot of heat and makes for awesome leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (other oil works fine)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 big russet potato, brushed clean, peeled, chopped in small pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, chopped in small bits
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash agave nectar (about 1 t)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 12 ounces beer, bottle (your choice which kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium high heat, add onion and garlic, let cook for a minute.
- Add potato and tempeh, let cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spices, nectar, beans, peas, broth, and beer. Bring to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes or until potato bits are tender.