Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
I believe the "disappearing" part of the title refers largely to making the garden's over abundance of squash disappear. I know there will be those larger zucchinis that slip past my radar so I can't wait to try this one. The recipe is from the Kingsolver book 'Animal, Vegetable, Miracle' and is typed here as written. I will come back and hard line some of the amounts and with any tweakings I may have done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 6 cups of chicken stock or salted water to a boil.
- 2Add orzo and cook for 8-12 minutes. Drain.
- 3Use a cheese grater or mandolin to shred zucchini.
- 4Saute zucchini in oil briefly with chopped onion and garlic until lightly golden.
- 5Add thyme and oregano to zucchini mixture and stir thoroughly.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Combine with cheese and cooked orzo. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve cool or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Disappearing Zucchini Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 83.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g