Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
I don't know from where the name comes, but I can tell you that this spinach salad goes very fast. Very nice as a part of a light luncheon or a dinner party.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was delicious - I was a bit skeptical of the ingredients, but the flavors when blended together are light and refreshing; the pineapple really makes this salad in my opinion, and the dressing was easy to put together (I used a pear white balsamic vinegar as I didn't have plain white wine vinegar). DH was especially happy with this salad - it's great for a hot summer's day. Thanks for posting - this one will go in the rotation. Made for Greens for Spring in the Diabetic Forum.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks (reserve the juice)
- 5 cups torn spinach leaves, chilled
- 6 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
pineapple salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- reserved pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the dressing: Heat the salad oil in a skillet. Add the sesame seeds and brown. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a jar, cover, and refrigerate for several hours. Shake well before using. Makes 1 cup.
- For the salad: Place the spinach in a salad bowl. Top the spinach with the pineapple and garnish it with the bacon, egg, and green onion. Just before serving the salad, add the dressing and toss it lightly.