Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know from where the name comes, but I can tell you that this spinach salad goes very fast. Very nice as a part of a light luncheon or a dinner party.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks (reserve the juice)
- 5 cups torn spinach leaves, chilled
- 6 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
pineapple salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- reserved pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare the dressing: Heat the salad oil in a skillet. Add the sesame seeds and brown. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a jar, cover, and refrigerate for several hours. Shake well before using. Makes 1 cup.
- For the salad: Place the spinach in a salad bowl. Top the spinach with the pineapple and garnish it with the bacon, egg, and green onion. Just before serving the salad, add the dressing and toss it lightly.
This was delicious - I was a bit skeptical of the ingredients, but the flavors when blended together are light and refreshing; the pineapple really makes this salad in my opinion, and the dressing was easy to put together (I used a pear white balsamic vinegar as I didn't have plain white wine vinegar). DH was especially happy with this salad - it's great for a hot summer's day. Thanks for posting - this one will go in the rotation. Made for Greens for Spring in the Diabetic Forum.
What a delicious combination! The dressing makes it even better! Browning the sesame seeds gives the dressing a slightly "toasted" flavor; it really brings out lots of flavor. I can see how the salad got it's name. It's sure to disappera quickly at any potluck. Thanx for a wonderful new salad recipe!