Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I looked at all of the recipes I could find and smashed them all together in this one. I am very pleased with the results. The honey stands out nicely with the fruit flavors.
- 4 lbs peeled cored minced pears
- 4 lbs sugar
- 1 lb honey
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 whole lemon
- Puree the lemon in a food processor.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a stock pot.
- Cook on medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pint jars.
- Cap and put in a 10-minute water bath.
- Let cool, store, and watch it disappear.
I halved the orginal recipe - as this was my first time making jam. But is it so easy that I could have made regular batch. When the family got it, I didn't even get to taste it, the pigs !!!! I am doubling next time. And I get the first taste. Thanks for the recipe.
brought some home to my children - it disappeared. would love to have more. also check out his variation for stuffed portabella mushrooms. being the lady he prepared these for i can attest to how wonderful they are.