Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was in my mother's collection for years and now it's in mine. She made this a lot while I was growing up. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in eggs.
- Combine cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add alternately with milk to batter.
- Blend well.
- Pour into well greased 9" pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Frost with favorite frosting.