Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Hellmann's recipe. I found this recipe in Real Simple magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup cayenne pepper sauce (recommended Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4oz)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss chicken with cayenne pepper sauce. Stir in remaining ingredients except blue cheese. Turn into 1 1/2-quart shallow casserole, then sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until bubbling. Serve, if desired, with celery and/or your favorite dippers.
I have made this dip 4 times and all 4 times, I don't have any to take home with me. Thats a great feeling. I think the recipe should all for more than a 1/4 cup of Franks..more Franks the better..
I made this for a party last year and it was so tasty. The Frank's Sauce, in my opinion, is not too spicy and it did disappear quickly. I used green onions. They actually make the dish. Best to leave them in.....
Made this dip for a wine tasting party. Was afraid it might be too hot, so we used Ken's steak house marinade Buffalo Wing Sauce. It was WONDERFUL. We too skipped the green onions. We have also made this with small raw shrimp. Great variation. Really like you can control the heat when using Frank's Red Hot Sause, if it's too hot --- just add some real butter. Great Recipe