Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy recipe, maybe for someone wanting to try their hand at Thai food, but a little intimidated. Don't be afraid to try something new. It's when we stop trying new things to cook, that we become bored.
- 8 ounces dried angel hair pasta or 8 ounces vermicelli
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Thai seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, coconut milk, and Thai seasoning in a large skillet.
- Cook and gently stir over medium heat until mixture is heated through.
- Pour chicken mixture over cooked pasta in pan.
- Add peanuts and cilantro.
- Toss gently to coat.
I really enjoyed this awesome Thai chicken dish! The combination of flavors were great. Loved the coconut milk and seasoning flavors along with the chicken. For the Thai Seasoning I used: 1/3 cup chopped fresh lemongrass 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel 1 tablespoon five-spice powder 3/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (Refrigerate, and will last 5 days in the fridge). I didn't add the peanuts (personal preference) but other than that made as posted. This is now another addition to my favorite Thai recipes! Made and reviewed for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14 Linda