Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If your dying to have some chocolate and don't know what to make, this one will satisfy your sweet tooth in a New York minute! DELICIOUS! You can use any type of nuts you like. I often use walnuts, cashews, pistachios or pecans. The kids love these little buggers too! The preparation time does not include the 4 hour chill time in the fridge.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup cookie crumbs, chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Chop 4 squares (half the chocolate) chocolate into small pieces, and set aside to add to mixture.
- Mix melted margarine with cookie crumbs. Press into foil lined 9" square pan.
- Cover with caramel topping. Set aside.
- Pour milk into bowl. Add pudding mix, and mix together.
- Fold in Cool Whip, chopped chocolate and chopped nuts. Pour pudding mixture over caramel. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Melt remaining chocolate with 3 tablespoons margarine in the microwave. WATCH CAREFULLY! (or you can melt it using a double boiler, if you prefer). Spread over frozen pudding mixture. The chocolate will harden immediately.
- Lift foil from pan.
- Cut into bars with a sharp knife.