Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It took me several attempts to finally make a gluten free meatloaf that I was really excited about.
- 1 slice gluten free bread (Tapioca bread works best)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb plain breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Gravy for mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pan dripping
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash crushed rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, pour milk over bread slice and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Place in large pan, double lined with foil.
- Spread glaze on top of loaf.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until desired browness.
- Place 1/8 cup pan drippings and 1 T. margarine into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in 2 T. gluten free flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in beef broth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in milk and spices.
- Return pan to heat and simmer until thickened.
- You may add 1 T. corn starch mixed with 1 T. cold water if you like thicker gravy.
- Add sliced mushrooms, if desired (canned or sauteed).
- Serve with mashed potatoes.