Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This pie is EXCELLENT! If your looking for a delicious chocolate fix, here it is! This is great to bring to a friends for dessert after dinner, or to a party at work. Awesome for any type of get together actually! I serve with a big scoop or two of French Vanilla ice cream, just to put a smile on everyones face, and add a few extra calories :) Prep time does not include time it takes to make the pie crust, or the chilling time.
Top Review by cookin mimi
I made this pie for Thanksgiving and it was a hit! (I would have taken a picture, but it was gobbled up too quickly! ) I omitted the nuts because one of my guests has a nut allergy, and topped it with ganache instead of hot fudge sauce, but otherwise made it according to the directions in the recipe. I will make this again!!
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 1/8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup hot fudge
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pastry shell. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 of the eggs. Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and remaining 2 eggs,.
- mixing well.
- Spread 1/2 cup brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spoon.
- and carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer.
- Top with remaining brownie mixture, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust is golden brown.
- If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. (Pie may have cracks on surface.).
- Heat hot fudge sauce in microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle fudge over top of pie.
- Cool 3 hours, or until completely cooled.
- Store in refrigerator.