Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These cookies are so good, you will wonder where they have been all your life. Well, now they are right here, so try em and see how good they are! Cooking time is per pan of cookies.
Top Review by mersaydees
These are so wonderful, I no longer wonder where they've been all my life! A fabulous change from cookies with chocolate! I like these best completely cooled, when the spices really pop out with each bite. Thanks, Linda's Busy Kitchen! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and orange peel.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Mix into the sugar mixture, then stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until done.
- Remove from baking sheets, and cool on wire rack.