Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 25 mins
Local store *For assistance butterflying the pork center loin roast, ask a meat specialist to cut it for you when you ask for it at the meat counter.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxeslong-grain rice and wild rice, seasoning packets included
- 4 1⁄4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) package andouille sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chef paul prudhommes poultry magic seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup 33% less-sodium chicken broth
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (4 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, seasoning packets, water and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, seasoning and paprika.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in prepared rice, chicken broth, green onion and if desired, hot sauce.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed then set aside.
- Starting off-center, slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side.
- Open butterflied portions, laying pork flat.
- Turning knife blade parallel to surface of cutting board, slice larger portion of pork in half horizontally, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat.*.
- Scoop out 3 cups rice mixture and set aside.
- Spread remaining rice mixture evenly over cut surface of meat.
- Roll up the loin tightly to resemble the original roast.
- Tie securely with butcher twine.
- Cover and refrigerate reserved rice until serving time.
- Place roast on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, in oven for 75 minutes, or until temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Carve crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices to serve.
- Warm reserved rice mixture to serve alongside prepared roast.
- *For assistance butterflying the roast, ask a meat specialist to cut it for you when you ask for it at the meat counter.