2 hrs 25 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Local store *For assistance butterflying the pork center loin roast, ask a meat specialist to cut it for you when you ask for it at the meat counter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes long-grain rice and wild rice, seasoning packets included
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) package andouille sausages
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chef paul prudhommes poultry magic seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup 33% less-sodium chicken broth
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (4 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine rice, seasoning packets, water and 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 4Meanwhile, cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- 5Heat remaining 3 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 6Add sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Stir in onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, seasoning and paprika.
- 8Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in prepared rice, chicken broth, green onion and if desired, hot sauce.
- 10Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed then set aside.
- 11Starting off-center, slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side.
- 12Open butterflied portions, laying pork flat.
- 13Turning knife blade parallel to surface of cutting board, slice larger portion of pork in half horizontally, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat.*.
- 14Scoop out 3 cups rice mixture and set aside.
- 15Spread remaining rice mixture evenly over cut surface of meat.
- 16Roll up the loin tightly to resemble the original roast.
- 17Tie securely with butcher twine.
- 18Cover and refrigerate reserved rice until serving time.
- 19Place roast on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- 20Roast, uncovered, in oven for 75 minutes, or until temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- 21Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 22Carve crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices to serve.
- 23Warm reserved rice mixture to serve alongside prepared roast.
- 24*For assistance butterflying the roast, ask a meat specialist to cut it for you when you ask for it at the meat counter.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirty Wild Rice and Andouille Sausage-Stuffed Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 584.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: