Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I changed this recipe from my original thumbprint cookies, adding cherry pie filling might be good, almost a black forrest cookie. I love the chocolate taste to these.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups jelly preserves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat margerine and sugar until fluffy, add vanilla and egg.
- Stir in flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Roll into balls and make an indentation in the middle of each cookie with thumb or end of a wooden spoon.
- Fill each cookies with about half a tsp of jelly, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Really good and chocolately and easy too with normal things in the kitchen. I drizzled choclate over them and used strawberry jam.
MMMMMM!! I used peanut butter, strawberry preserves & fig preserves, then dusted the warm cookies with powdered sugar. YUMM YUMM YUMMM!!!