Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Diane & Todd's White on Rice food blog. This is wonderful. They recommend infusing your vodka with freshly grated horseradish 5-7 days prior to making this drink, but if you want one right away then you can use prepared horseradish. If you do infuse the vodka then the extra horseradish that the recipe states will not be required. Cheers!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce olive juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish (read note in description above)
- 2 pinches celery salt
- 3 dashes sriracha sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and roll the mixing glass to combine ingredients. This is not a shaken cocktail.
- Strain into an ice filled glass and garnish.
- *Garnish* leafy celery stalk, lemon or lime wedge, pickled green tomatoes on a skewer, olives, baby carrots, cocktail onions.
I made it for DH and used clamato instead of tomato juice. It's so good. This is a great bloody mary. Thanks Candace :) Made for the Best of 2011 tag game
There is a restaurant just east of Austin, TX, called Little Thailand, where they serve wonderful Thai Bloody Mary's...I was looking for a recipe that might be close, and this one is awesome. The only change I made was to use V8 instead of tomato juice.
Excellent Bloody Mary! Made it exactly as posted, and it was wonderful. If I changed anything at all, it might be to increase the vodka. :)