We don't eat a lot of rice but this recipe is one of the exceptions. I serve this with jalapeno corn bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add sausage; cook about 10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break up sausage.
- 3Add onions, celery, bell pepper, thyme and cayenne.
- 4Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 5Add rice; stir and cook about 1 minute.
- 6Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, over low heat about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Stir in green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dirty Rice With Turkey Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 865.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g