Recipe by Sue Lau
I became a fan of dirty rice around 10 years old, thanks to my Aunt Eudocia (pronounced Dochie). This is a little different, but looks worth the try. Recipe is from the Neely's, of Food Network.
Top Review by lawchic
My family enjoyed this recipe. I modified it a bit by adding fresh okra with the vegetables. At the end I added fresh chopped cilantro with the rice, then garnished the top also. I uploaded a pic. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (leftover is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add sausage, and brown.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, celery, and green bell pepper. Cook until veggies soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, along with chicken broth and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cooked rice and chopped parsley, and heat through.