Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A family pleasing dirty rice. NO LIVERS....'nuff said...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 can water
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 minced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix everything together.
- Bake in covered dish about 2 hours at 350.
- Top w/ green onions before serving.
- Note: You may substitute 1/2 pound ground meat and 1/2 pound sausage.
This is a great dish for those who do not like chicken livers! Easy to prepare and very flavorful. I followed everything exactly except I used about 1/2 teaspoon of chopped jalapenos because I do not care for "spicy hot" dishes. I have added this recipe to my "keeper" notebook. Thanks so much for sharing it. :-)
I used all beef. But, next time I will try with 1/2 sausage. We loved it :)
had to find a recipe for dirty rice since dh has been reading James Lee Burke's novels lately - this satisfied him, but not sure about presentation? what do i serve this with?