Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
While visiting a friend recently she made this as a side dish with chicken. It was so good I didn't know whether to use a fork or a spoon. She gave me the recipe, So easy, now I can make it for my family.
Top Review by SFinneran
This was delicious!! Although I did use 4 cheese sausage. And used 1 cup uncooked wild rice and 1-1/2 cups chicken broth. I debated whether or not to drain all the grease from the sausage, so I left SOME of it in thinking it would give it a little more flavor and make it saucy. Which did leave a perfect texture and great flavor (imo)!! But if your looking for a drier rice, drain ALL the fat. My whole family loved it!
- 1 lb spicy breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) canof clear chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage making a small crumble mixture in a skillet until cooked through.
- Stir in the broth, rice and minced onion.
- Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Most of the broth should be absorbed. Make sure to turn the heat off and let it stand covered for at least 5 minutes!