Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
A Southern dish with a ton of flavor. I serve it as a main course. From a Southern Living cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (or more, if desired)
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, saute chicken livers and sausage until browned.
- Drain off fat and remove sausage mixture from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, add butter and saute onion, green onions, celery, parsley and garlic until tender.
- Add sausage mixture and all of the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Stirring constantly until heated completely through.