Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that was given to me by a friend's Mother when I visited her in Mobile, Alabama. I fell in love with it, and made it for my family for Christmas that year. They all loved it, too, and it has become part of our Christmas dinner for over 25 years now! It's delicious, easy and I hope you'll enjoy it, too. You may want to double the recipe - it goes fast!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup long cooking rice
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced almonds
- In a 12" saute pan, melt the butter.
- Add onion and rice and saute until golden brown.
- (Be sure NOT to use Minute Rice.) Meanwhile, spray a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the beef consume, water, mushrooms and almonds.
- Add the rice mixture and stir well.
- Cover tightly and bake 1 hour at 375 degrees.