Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 x 2 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- Put onion, mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of the butter in 2-quart casserole.
- Microwave on high power, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tarragon, wine, salt and pepper.
- Microwave on high power for 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are very tender, stirring once.
- Set aside to keep warm.
- Put potatoes and water in 2-quart casserole, cover.
- Microwave on high power for 14 to 16 minutes, until very tender, stirring twice.
- Let stand, covered, 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the butter (2 tablespoons) to potatoes, mash.
- Add mushroom mixture with its liquor and milk.
- Whip until fluffy.
- Add more milk if too thick.