Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Although this is a messy project, kids love it. I used to make this for families when I was still babysitting, and always got requests for it from puzzled parents calling to ask me to sit for them again. It's a great way to keep kids occupied while having a little fun in the kitchen.
- 1 (3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pop the popcorn according to the package directions.
- Microwave the butter until melted.
- Add the sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon, mix well.
- Empty the popcorn into a large bowl. Drizzle the cocoa mixture on the popcorn and toss to coat.
That's a LOT of calories for a snack!
I quartered the recipe by popping 2 tablespoons of popcorn in a folded topped lunch bag for about 2 minutes in the microwave. After I mixed the melted butter, sugar, cocoa and cinnmon I microwaved for a few seconds to melt the sugar a bit so the mixture wouldn't be as grainy. I was hoping this would be closer to a single portion but I think I will 1/8th the recipe next time. Very tasty!