Recipe by Pepina Rae
This is a recipe I developed by trying to duplicate a rice dish from a restaurant. It ended up being very simple and quick. It came very close to the original. Some folks even say it's better.
Top Review by flygirl #5
This is a great recipe! I like how it all came together. Even with all the seasonings I did find the rice a bit bland so next time I might cook the rice in the water with the bouillon powder and some more seasonings. Thank you so much for posting :)
- 2 cups raw white rice (cooked)
- 2 -3 bunches green onions
- 1 lb seasoned hot pork sausage (loose out of casings)
- 1⁄2 large knorr's chicken bouillon cube (or equivalent)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice.
- While rice is cooking, chop onions into 1/4" pieces separating the bottoms from the tops.
- Sauté the bottoms along with the loose sausage until cooked thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes.
- Then add 1/2 bouillon cube and 1/4 cup water and mix thoroughly. Turn off heat.
- Add onion tops and toss so that residual heat will take the bite out of the onions.
- Mix rice with meat mixture and serve.
- NOTE: The amount of onions are to taste, but do not use less than 2 bunches. The Cajun seasoning is also to taste. Do not add salt, as the bouillon and Cajun seasoning take care of the saltiness. Enjoy!