Recipe by Sue Lau
If you've had the creamy chicken Cajun pasta, it's time to get down and dirty and taste something even better.
Top Review by jelenamilinovic
This is amazing! <br/>Flavors all mixed up but you can still feel each one separately in your mouth!<br/>It took me more than 55 min to make it but at the end I was so happy!<br/>I had some Gnocchi mixed up with pasta as well.
- 368.54 g boxdreamfield's rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 354.88 ml diced celery
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 198.44 g smoked sausage, chopped
- 283.49 g chicken livers
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml instant chicken bouillon
- 14.79 ml cajun spices
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml louisiana hot pepper sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 425.24 g tomato sauce
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and drain;set aside.
- Saute chicken livers in olive oil until cooked through; allow to cool and mince.
- In a very large skillet, saute ground beef, smoked sausage, onion, celery, green pepper, garlic, cajun spice, paprika, salt, and pepper until very nicely browned.
- Add chicken livers back to pan, tthen stir in wine and let it cook off.
- Add tomato sauce, instant chicken bouillon, hot pepper sauce, and soy sauce and stir to blend.
- Stir in half and half and let thicken just a little bit, then combine sauce with cooked rotini.
- Serve garnished with parmesan cheese.