Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
from the recipe book The Food You Crave
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Microwave broccoli spears and water, covered, for 5 minutes on high; drain and set aside.
- While the broccoli is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bread crumbs, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring until the crumbs are toasted and golden brown -- about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and toss to coat with bread crumbs.
This was ok. I am going to reduce the bread crumbs and up the garlic next time.